First a note: 5 years ago this month was the most intense moment of the financial crisis. And basically right at the same time one of my favorite podcasts began – NPR’s Planet Money.
If you only vaguely understand what happened in 2008 (and just before and the years afterward), subscribe to this podcast and listen to all the archives.
and now for this week’s links ….
- Why we knock on wood
- Good news, you guys: I can (technically) apply for a Smithsonian Institute Fellowship
- Is it weird that I am actually thinking about it? (not, now, of course. After I actually do something that would at least keep them from laughing at my application)
- tips for having an Instagram sale
- the true story of a 7 year marriage
- sad that Lonely Planet is paring down extensively
- How to travel to exotic, expensive locations on $50/day
- a BUNCH of mini travel guides
- related: I love how she has organized them all prettily on Facebook
- 25 amazing places to eat and drink in NYC
- where did the 8 glasses of water a day myth come from?
- Photo of the week – from the archives. Chris and Kahla got married a couple weeks ago!!: