The Schuberts go house hunting (part 18)

AAAAAANNNNNDDDD … .

We have our keys :)

Ok. Actually, not yet since there aren’t actually keys to the existing locks and we are getting it re-keyed.

But still. It’s ours. It’s no longer trespassing when we go in ….

As I mentioned, some work has already been started – cleaning, mold removal, replacing this front window, trimming back the tree to the right.

So, now we just have to hope the rest of the work can be finished by … Feb 29 or so …… We’d LIKE to move in by the end of the month if possible, but our current apartment is pretty flexible and we just need to let them know if we need an extra week or so into March.

We still need to pick out a new dishwasher and washer and dryer …. as well as look at cabinet options for now.

Also, pack.

Also, pick out specific paint colors for the rooms.

Also, plan/book a moving day/truck/etc.

So, you know. Forgive me if I’m a *little* busy!

The afternoon the house became ours I went back to take some more photos with the place at least with the trash out of it. Unlike the last time.

Please consider this your basic orientation to Schubert Headquarters.

More photos to come after the work is done ….

Keep in mind all the floors are changing, as well as the walls as well as the kitchen.

Thus concludes the final chapter of The Schuberts go house hunting…… for the forseeable future, at least.

I’d like to live somewhere longer than 2 years, please.

• Miranda Thompson February 21, 2012, 6:04 am

I love it!!! I can’t wait to come and visit!!!!

• linda t February 21, 2012, 6:36 am

Oh my gosh!!! I love everything about this house! Everything! But especially the staircase. To die for!
    I can see why you love it… has that modern, mid-century feel. I can totally see your style fitting in perfectly with this home.
    And I love that I know your style because of Pinterest! Love that about Pinterest.
    You guys are going to have so much fun making it your own.
    Can hardly wait to see it someday.

• Beth February 21, 2012, 8:13 am

Looks like a great layout with tons of potential to make it truly unique! I’m looking forward to seeing the changes you make. Congratulations on finding your home!

• Nancy February 21, 2012, 8:31 am

Congratulations! I’m so excited for you and Andrew and can’t wait to see all the creative things you guys do with it. I think you’ll need just one more post showing the house with all the work done before you move in to complete the series.

Looking forward to when we have a chance to come out!

• Sharon February 21, 2012, 8:55 am

Amy and Andrew – I LOVE your home and know you will love settling in and making it your own. Love you both!

• Jessica February 21, 2012, 9:30 am

Seriously let me know when you start painting and need help! It’s such a good arm workout, I love to do it!

• Michelle February 21, 2012, 10:22 am