As you read this, we’re probably on a plane to Scotland!
I’m excited! My 3rd trip and Andrew’s 2nd trip to Europe …. (wish we could go every year) … .
I was trying to express to a co-worker how excited I am!
Loch Ness Monster! Ghost-walks in Edinburgh! Historic battlefields!
Ok, actually … that makes Scotland sound frightening
So you can follow along ….
Here is our *tentative* itinerary:
8/12 – Friday:
- arrive about noon, Edinburgh airport
- Kevin picks us up
- check-in to timeshare late afternoon
- check out Aberfeldy, maybe grocery shopping, maybe bed EARLY
- forest walks/hikes
- self-guided Whisky Walk and Distillery tours
8/15 – Monday: Edinburgh
8/16 – Tuesday: Edinburgh
- more along Royal Mile
- St Giles Cathedral
- Parliament Building
- another guided night walk?
8/17 – Wednesday: Loch Ness
- Loch Ness
- Urquhart Castle
- Culloden Battlefield
8/18 – Thursday: St. Andrews
- St. Andrews town guided walk
- East Neuk (little fishing villages short drive away like Anstruther)
8/19 – Friday: A&A fly out at noon
- back in L.A. by Friday night
Note: this is all tentative and since Andrew and I aren’t renting a car, we don’t have a WHOLE lot of control over how it will go …. But sounds like fun, no?
Posts will continue while we’re gone