Another in the series of Top 5 Favorites.
We really like where we live and all the food options around us …. I figured I should narrow it down somehow, so for now just the top 5 favorite restaurants ON Ventura Blvd NEAR us …. Otherwise this list could go on forever….
P.S. When you come visit us we’ll take you to any one of these places.
Top 5 Favorites
My favorite restaurants on Ventura Blvd (in no particular order)
- Tomato Patch – Fresh fresh salads, sandwiches and soup. The kind of place where the cute old lady immigrant mother of the owner is the one in the back chopping up the vegetables. I could eat here every day.
- Fabrocini’s – Italian hole-in-the-wall restaurant. So so good.
- CiCi’s Cafe - Kind of a diner, but fresher. They have about 1600 items on their menu. And Andrew is determined to order each one at least once.
- Chelo’s – surprisingly, the only real Mexican restaurant close by that we have found and liked. And it’s only open for lunch on weekdays. But their tortilla chips are homemade, and if you were to sprinkle just a little bit of cinnamon/sugar on them I would be set for dessert.
- The Stand – Hot dogs, hamburgers, gourmet sausages. They have live Jazz on Sunday afternoons and this darling little garden area to eat in.
- Pho So – Technically not on Ventura. But very close. Vietnamese. I don’t even know what the full name of the restaurant is. But it’s lovely. Fresh and tasty and inexpensive.
- Menchie’s – technically lot a restaurant … but we love going there anyway.